The Country Engagement process:
- is country-driven and government-led
- is inclusive with multi-stakeholder engagement
- includes clear visions and aims
- presents a unifying framework and structure
- encourages cross-sectoral and stakeholder integration and a culture of partnership
- enables leveraging of the private sector to make investments in climate smart projects and adopt climate action in their own business models
Embedding Lessons Learned
Ten partnership platforms were mapped and identified lessons incorporated into the design of the Country Engagement strategy.
Lessons identified have been translated into the following key principles for effective NDC Partnership in-country engagement:
- A shared understanding for engagement between all stakeholders
- Clear, transparent, and reliable lines of communication between partners
- Government-led and validated processes and action plans, backed by political support
- Widely understood and accepted roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder
- Willingness to share information and resources between partners openly
Download more information about the lessons learned on effective partnership.