The Focal Points (FPs), with Scoping Lead support lead and facilitate the kick-off workshop. The workshop is an opportunity to utilize the knowledge and expertise of the in-country development partners and build on gaps assessments and other analyses already conducted by in-country stakeholders. The Focal Points (FPs), with Scoping Lead support lead and facilitate the kick-off workshop.
The primary objectives of the workshop are to:
- Discuss, with all stakeholders, how the Country Engagement process can add value to existing arrangements;
- Foster maximum national ownership for scoping demands and facilitate cross-sectoral, multi-stakeholder dialogue on NDC implementation;
- Secure broad involvement of all stakeholders relevant to the country’s NDC implementation;
- Secure buy-in across government and from Development Partners (DPs)/Implementing Partners (IPs);
- Promote transparency about the process and roles and responsibilities of the Support Unit (SU), government, and IP/DP in the process;
- Seek comments on facilitation arrangement and/or offer that role to relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare the basis for developing a Rapid Situational Assessment (RSA) (see Stage 2), which serves as a framework for developing the Partnership Plan;
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders in NDC implementation.