Lessons identified from ten Partnerships inform the design of the Country Engagement process.
These lessons-learned have shaped the following key principles for effective NDC Partnership in-country engagement.
- A shared understanding for engagement between all stakeholders;
- Clear, transparent, and reliable lines of communication between partners;
- Government-led and validated processes and action plans, backed by political support;
- Widely understood and accepted roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder;
- Willingness to share information and resources between partners openly.